Content Marketing for Youtube
A forecast by Cisco states that 80% of all internet traffic will come from videos in 2019. In 2019 (or even sooner) you are likely to watch a video talking about content marketing for Youtube than reading it in blog format.
Most marketers claim that video is the future of content marketing. Youtube has over one billion users generating billions of views every day. According to statistics released by Youtube, Watch Time or the number of hours people spend watching videos has increased by 60%.
Youtube viewership has significantly increased in the recent years. Your target audience is tuned in to Youtube. But, is video creation really scalable for small businesses? In recent years, the cost for video production have significantly decreased and creators no longer need extensive technical knowledge to produce a good video.
If you have a small business, it is in your interest to invest in a channel where your audience are. In this article, we will look at the content marketing for Youtube, building a content plan and the best practices for engagement.
Content Marketing for Youtube
What’s your strategy?How do you capture your audience’s interest? Before diving into creating a video, build a content plan that details how you present your brand on Youtube and how you reach your intended audience. Your content plan should include the following:
‘What’s in it for me?
This is a question that people ask when deciding to view content. Create content that informs, entertains or both. Ask: What challenges can I overcome for my audience?
Your audience is the core of your content strategy. A content plan must begin with defining your demographics. Get to know your audience by the type of content that they consume, how they behave on social media and the topics that you search for.
One of the tools that helps you get to know your target audience is Youtube Trends Dashboard. Here you are able to look at the most viewed and most shared videos of audiences according to location, gender and age group.
Your brand on Youtube
Youtube gives businesses an opportunity to showcase their brand on Youtube. With audio and visual capabilities, businesses have a lot of room for expression. Your brand should be one of the top considerations when building your content plan for Youtube. How do you want your audience to perceive you? How do you come across?
What others are doing
In many cases, there is no need to reinvent the wheel, you just have to personalise it. On your tube pay attention to what others are doing. Identify your competitors and influencers and look them up. What are they doing right? How can you do better?
Measure your results
Analytics is one of the most vital part of any strategy. Measuring results helps you evaluate the efficacy of each effort and enables you to use your findings in your future undertakings.
There are many tools that you can use to measure the success of your content marketing efforts on Youtube. One of them is Youtube Analytics, an important tool you can use to determine what works and what doesn't. It allows you to see what videos are being watched, from where and what keywords were used to find them.
Youtube best practices
- Write good content - Fancy equipment helps a great deal but in the end, it is all about content. Write content that balances information and entertainment. Create valuable, useful content.
- Diverse content - Keep your content exciting. Always have something new to offer. Producing diverse content means effectively combines both professionally produced content with user-generated content. Diverse content is created when brands are always on the lookout for new ideas and in tune with their audience’s preferences.
- New viewers - Another benefit of diverse content is that you are able to attract new viewers. Observe other elements such as current trends and lifestyle content to bring untapped demographic to your channel.
- Youtube + website - Your Youtube channel are both mediums to showcase your brand to your target audience. There must be a continuity in branding between your website and Youtube channel. Customise your Youtube channel so that it reflects your brand and your audience is directed to your website. Embed your youtube videos on your website and blog page to increase search results and ultimately, sales.
- Be social - Youtube is not just a place to store your video content, it is a social media platform. Engagement is an important part of youtube, where brands are able to engage with their audience.
Youtube enables businesses to let their audiences in on their journey. It is about presenting your brand as a shared experience rather than just presenting facts. Tell your story through Youtube.
For more insights and how to’s on Content Marketing, make sure to subscribe below.
Subscribe! (100% free)
Free content delivered right to your inbox.
Share this blog on any of these social media channels: